Thursday, August 10, 2006

Dining out with Lucas

Tonight we met up with Noel and Sidney and Fat Apple's. I don't know why I forget these things every time we go out to eat, but maybe this will serve as my reminder:

1) Always order the same thing that the other kid is having. Sidney had spaghetti, and after #2 below, that's what I ordered for him.

2) Even if it's something Lucas loves, he won't want to share a plate. Case in point, I ordered the turkey with mashed potatoes, which he normally loves. But he didn't want to have anything to do with splitting the plate with me. (See #1 above on next step)

3) Always bring wipes. His hands and face were covered with food. And I hate stickiness.

4) Order something small for myself. Inevitably, there will be something he has on his plate that he doesn't finish. And of course, he always wants dessert. For some reason, it's hard for me to let the food just sit there, especially if it's spaghetti and chocolate pudding.

That's it for now.

No comments: