Monday, November 28, 2005

Sleep issues and pillow talk

I'm sure most everyone remembers how much I used to brag that Lucas slept 12-13 hours straight through the night. That was true from when he was about 5 months until he was out of his crib. But basically, since he's been out of the crib (July), we've had a lot more late-night wake-up calls.

Though it's somewhat frustrating and tiresome, there are some advantages to the sleep issues at this age. For instance, this morning, around 3am, I was in bed next to him. He was patting my cheeks very softly and said "Hi, my tiny little mommy" in a very very sweet voice. Then he was asking about who people's brothers are. He said, "Mommy, I'm your brother." I replied, "No, you're my son." Then he said, "No, you are my sunshine." Then he asked me to sing him the song ("You are my sunshine").

A few hours later, Lucas was tossing and turning in his sleep and he kicked me in the back then pushed me off the bed. But it was worth it!

No comments: