Saturday, June 21, 2008

Overcoming your fears

Lucas has some issues with eating certain fruit: oranges that are "too juicy" or eating any fruit that has mild brown spots. And until just recently, he would refuse to eat a fruit salad, even if he liked all the fruit that was in it, preferring instead to eat the fruit separately.

The other day I served him up a fruit salad for breakfast. We had had somewhat of a trying morning, so he was silently eating his meal.

Then he said, "Mommy, look I'm all done," and he showed me the empty bowl.

Me: Wasn't that a good fruit salad?
Lucas: Yeah, I even ate the pieces of juicy orange.
Me: Really? What did you think?
Lucas: I still didn't like it, but I ate it. It made me shiver. See, I'm still shivering (I look over and indeed, he was.)

No comments: