Thursday, October 09, 2008

20 years ago

Twenty years ago I graduated from Campolindo High School in Moraga. I lived in Moraga from when I was in Kindergarten till I graduated high school.

Here I am pre-graduation ceremony with Jeanne and Ruth (June 1988).And here I am with Jennifer, who I've been good friends with since 6th grade. Caps off, we just finished the graduation ceremony (June 1988).

Our graduating class had a 5-year and a 10-year reunion. And for more than the past year I've been on the committee to make our 20 year reunion a reality. I didn't do much except read the emails from the committee and give my two cents, but it was fun to be part of it just the same.

This past weekend was the big reunion and it was more fun than I thought.

Friday night was the "alumni only" event, out at a brewery in Walnut Creek. Here's a "now" photo of me and Jennifer. She lives less than a mile away from me and our kids went to the same preschool. We still see each other at least once a week for walks and what-not.It was a little weird at first to see people, who for the most part were different versions of their former selves. Even with name tags, some people would come right up to me and say, "Hi Sunny." I would look at their name tags, look at their faces, and still have absolutely no idea who it was.

But there were a lot of people who I was really glad to see, people who I'd lost touch with over the years. Chris and I have known each other since kindergarten. He and Jennifer were boyfriend/girlfriend for a couple years in high school.

I've known John since 1st grade. And we both ended up at USC, where we became better friends.
And here's Michael Fisher, one of my favorite people, who I didn't really get to know until after college when we both lived in SF. It was good to catch up with him too. Like I said, it was an amazing night, so good to reconnect with all of these people from my past. And because Moraga is such a small town, a lot of people I've known since elementary school.

Saturday night was the fancy dinner/drinks/dancing at the Orinda Country Club. It was so interesting to meet people's spouses. I was the unofficial photographer, which gave me a good excuse to walk around and talk to people to take their pictures. And some people who didn't make it on Friday night, turned out for the Saturday night event.

While I would love to write about each of these people, I just want to post this and catch up on my other posts. Maybe I'll come back and write captions later.

So, here's me with a bunch of people you don't know.

No comments: