Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Small talk at dinner

Lucas' friend, of mini dude fame, came over last night for dinner. After much deliberation I ended up taking the easy way out - Chinese take out. This is part of the dinner conversation I was privy to:

Mini dude: What's your favorite kind of food?
Lucas: Chocolate, cookies and ice cream. What are your favorite foods?
Mini dude: Well my first favorite is parmesan cheese.
Lucas: What's after that?
Mini dude: Cheddar cheese. And then fried rice (which he was eating voraciously while he was talking).

Then silence for about 20 seconds

Lucas: Do you like the white cheddar or the orange kind?
Mini dude: I've never seen white cheddar cheese. Are you sure it comes in white?
Lucas: Yeah, we have some white cheddar right now. Mom, don't we have white cheddar cheese now?
Me: Yes, we do.
Mini dude: Can I see it?

So I go and fetch the white cheddar cheese from the fridge.

Mini dude: Can I taste it?
Me: Sure. (I fetch a knife and cut off a piece and hand it to MD, he tastes it thoughtfully).
Mini dude: I think I like this better than the orange cheddar cheese.
Mini dude: So my favorite foods are, in this order, parmesan cheese, white cheddar cheese, orange cheddar cheese, and fried rice.

Way to diversify, Mini Dude!

No comments: