Sunday, November 18, 2007

Zen and the Art of Bathroom Maintenance

Everyone in Lucas' classroom has a job. I think they keep the same job for a week or two. Some of Lucas' past include:
  • Calendar helper - putting the new dates in the calendar during circle time
  • Shelf duster - dusting shelves
  • Mat monitor - making sure that the mats are rolled up tightly
Here is my exclusive interview with Lucas, the current bathroom monitor of the Pre-K classroom:

Me: What exactly do you do, as bathroom monitor?
Lucas: When we all go to the bathroom, I make sure that everyone flushes the toilet and washes their hands. Then I make sure that all the paper towels go into the trash can.
Me: Do you like this job?
Lucas: Yeah, I think so.
Me: What is your favorite job?
Lucas: Bathroom monitor.
Me: Really? Why is it your favorite?
Lucas: Because it's my job right now.

No comments: