Saturday, March 11, 2006

Yay for Lucas!

I was humbly reminded by Lucas, who's 2.5, of some of the basic things in life.

1) Be happy
2) Don't give up without trying

Yesterday, as we were walking back to the apartment, he suddenly started skipping and jumping, yelling, "Yay for Lucas! Yay for me!" When I asked what he was doing he said, "I'm happy, look!" and continued to skip around.

Then, we were in the kitchen and he convinced me to get his dump truck out of exile (It had been on top of the kitchen cabinets for months since we saw him chasing Maggie around with it). I got a chair to get it down and this discussion followed:

Lucas: Let me try to get it down.
Me: No, it's too high for you.
Lucas: Maybe it's too high, but at least I can try, okay?

What could I do or say? So I let him try, even though it was still about 3 feet out of his reach.

No comments: