Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A day in the life of a 4-year old

Here are some things that happened today with Lucas. I'm sure there were other notable things, but these are the ones I remember.

As we were driving today, Lucas said, "Oh, that's funny. I thought I saw a crab walking down the street, but it was really just a man." I tried to look back in my rear view mirror, but crab-man was nowhere to be seen.

During the entire 20 minute drive to Lucas' swim lesson, he asked, "When are we going to go over the speed bumps?" There are two or three big speed bumps along a two-block stretch of road. I guess he really looks forward to driving over those.

After dinner tonight, it was his idea to pretend that the cantaloupe melon we were eating was really melon cake. We put toothpicks in the melon pieces for candles. After we sang "happy birthday" he blew out the "candles". He asked what I wished for. I said, "world peace, and a couple other things". He said his birthday wish was that we were in Radiator Springs (the little town in the movie Cars). With his second piece of melon cake, he wished we were in a rocket ship on the way to Africa.

Lucas just came out of his room. He told me that he was the black Spiderman and could make things disappear and, very quickly, re-appear. And something else about the stars and the darkness. Lucas did his little "trick" on the lamp. Then he told me he was going to make me disappear into the dirt and pop out on the other side of the world, in China. When I expressed some anxiety about this, he assured me I would come back really really fast. I guess it was pretty fast, since I don't remember even being there.

No comments: