Thursday, August 02, 2007

Robbing the cradle

Remember how credit card companies would try to lure you to apply for their cards on college campus? Dangling "free" gifts, like water bottles, Sony Walkman cassette players (yeah, remember those??) and the like.

I thought I heard that they put a halt to marketing to college kids. So many naive college students, like me, took the bait and ended up in debt.

But it looks like they have a new plan. The other day, Lucas came up to me and showed me his hand.
Kevin had opened up the mail and there was a credit card application from Disney. They included these little stickers "for the kids". For those of you who can't see, these stickers are little credit cards with the cherished Disney characters. How thoughtful of them!

Can they stoop much lower than this?

No comments: