Thursday, May 01, 2008

In-house fashion consultants

When I was trying on different summer dresses the other day for Jeanne's shower, I got some fashion feedback from Lucas and Kevin. Usually they don't really pay attention to what I'm wearing, but since I don't normally wear dresses, I guess they noticed.

Of course, Kevin liked the ones that made me look "curvy" (aka, you could see cleavage). I thought these were a bit too racy for a baby shower in conservative Lafayette. Plus, I didn't really have the shoes to match any of these clingy dresses.

Lucas had other opinions. His first instinct was the black dress, which I was headed for as well. Kevin said it made me look "flat", I wasn't sure what that meant at first, but it wasn't good. I asked Lucas if it made me look flat, he agreed, but the way he agreed I think he thought it was something good.

Then Kevin pointed out that this is a baby shower and I should wear something more spring-y (not sure why I was listening to him, the man only wears blue, grey, black or khaki, and tennis shoes). But I opted for a cream-colored frock with a floral pattern.

Again, none of my shoes really fit the bill. I was lamenting that I didn't have a snappy little pair of silver sandals. Then Lucas said, "How about those white shoes?" He pointed. I tried them on.

Lucky for me I have a slight bit of fashion sense and did not walk out the door like this. I went out with my red comfy sandals that I wear everywhere. But I'm still on the lookout for some little silver sandals.

No comments: