Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Lucas' comedy show, in two acts

Act 1: Last night as Lucas was getting ready for bed, he told me he had a good joke.

(Background: Every night Lucas puts out the clothes he'll wear the next day on a nightstand in his room.)

He said, "Mommy, this will be so funny. I'm only going to put out socks, underwear and pants...I won't choose my shirt tonight. Won't that be funny? [laugh laugh, giggle giggle].

"Hysterical," I replied.

Act 2: This morning as I was getting Lucas' breakfast ready.
Lucas: Mommy, I'm going to do Eeny Meeny Miny Moe. [He did it and he pointed to me.]
Lucas: You're going to be a cheese roll-up! (which is basically a piece of cheese wrapped up in a slice of turkey)
Me: [with mock horror] Oh no, does that mean somebody is going to eat me up?
Lucas: Don't be silly, it was just a joke.

I'm glad he clarified that.

No comments: