Sunday, February 05, 2006

Lucas goes to Reno

This past weekend we visited my cousin, Cathy, and her family in Reno. Lucas has been looking forward to this trip since he found out, via their Christmas card, that he has two older cousins (Connor age 6 and Cassidy age 9). Also, I thought it would be a good opportunity to introduce him to snow, finally!

We went sledding one afternoon. Lucas had mixed feelings about snow. He enjoyed the sledding, but he didn't want to wear the gloves and then said his hands were freezing. He found a good way to keep them warm, by wrapping them around my neck!

Kevin was a big hit with Connor and Cassidy. There was a lot of wrestling going on. Basically, it was Kevin vs. Connor and Cassidy. And Lucas was in the mix too, letting out little screams and war cries and running around like a whirling dervish.


At first it was unclear whose side Lucas was on, but then I figured out what was going on: Kevin would pin down one or the other cousin, then Lucas would come in with the old headlock. He was surprisingly tough and tenacious during the wrestling.


Lucas most enjoyed playing with his cousins, which usually meant following them around and doing whatever they did. The first thing he said when he woke up in the mornings was, "Where are my cousins? I want to go play with my cousins." Then he would go out and say, "Hi cousin!", though he would also call them by name. They were great with him too. Our first night there, I heard Connor say to his mom, "This is the first time a little person has ever stayed here with me." It was a great weekend.

No comments: