Does this sound like someone you know?
- likes to be the class "peace reporter" (basically, the class rat, letting the teacher know if someone is doing something they're not supposed to be doing)
- challenges himself
- likes to sit close to his teacher
- participates in songs, calendar, classroom tasks
- shows interest in new material
- enjoys working in small group activities
- focuses on individual work
- keeps busy, so he doesn't need to be reminded about classroom limits
- likes to work with math, language, and sensorial materials
If you haven't guessed yet, it's Lucas. These are excerpts from his teacher's report on him (it was time for parent-teacher conferences for the school).
Although much of what his teacher wrote are things we see in him at home, it's still so cool to see the other things he enjoys at school, like small group activities, who knew?
I told him on the way home from school that Kevin and I met with his teacher. I told him how happy we were to hear how much fun he was having at school and that he was enjoying learning new things.
His response? He didn't say anything.