Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Rules of the road

On Sunday, Lucas and I went to Semifreddis for a little breakfast. He wanted to bike, so I ran alongside.

I was a little nervous, as Semifreddis is just shy of a mile away from our house through residential streets.

So Lucas, outfitted in his pajamas and helmet, and I embarked on his first city bike ride.

I had nothing to be nervous about as he maneuvered the sidewalks like a champ. He was careful and slowed down before driveways, looking to make sure cars weren't about to pull out, and he waited for me at every corner.

I was running to keep up with him. At a slight little hill, he said, "Don't worry mommy, I'll go slow down this hill so you don't have to run." And he coasted down the hill with his brakes slightly on the entire time.

Now I'll have to start running just so I can keep up with him.

No comments: