Saturday, September 30, 2006

Lessons learned

Most of the time when I ask Lucas what he learned at school, he says, "Nothing." I didn't think I would get that response until at least 5th grade.

But the past couple nights, Lucas has let on more than he normally does.

"Bon Appetit"
Two nights ago, we were going to eat some snacks before his bath. We spent a while shelling pistachios. When there were no more to shell, I ate a couple.

Lucas said, "Mommy, we didn't say 'bon appetit' yet." I didn't totally understand him at first, but then he said, "Okay, I'll say it, 'Bon appetit, now we can eat'." He obviously didn't get that from us.

The Golden Rule
Last night I asked Lucas what he learned at school. He said, "Treat others how you want them to treat you. That's the golden rule." I asked him what that means. He said, "Mommy, listen to me. You be nice to other people, don't you want other people to be nice to you?"

No comments: