Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Excuses, excuses

By now, I'd thought I heard all the excuses from Lucas for coming out of his room at night, when he's supposed to be sleeping:
  • I'm scared.
  • I heard something.
  • I'm not tired.
  • I can't go to sleep.
  • I don't know how to go to sleep.
  • I want to see what you're doing.
But Lucas just came out and informed me that he's turning into a shark. He pointed to his calf and said it feels like he's growing gills. I inspected his leg and told him I didn't see any sign of gills. He said they're the kind that only he can feel.

I told him to go back to sleep and that if he wakes up as a shark-boy, I'll find a big container that he can go to school in.

This seemed to appease him and he went back to bed. And I haven't heard a splash out of him since (about 10 minutes).

1 comment:

RookieMom Heather said...

That is ridiculously awesome. I'm getting so tired of the "I want socks. I said I didn't but I changed my mind" and "Now I need to use the potty" shenanigans.