Thursday, July 03, 2008

Save the date!

As we drove to a birthday party over the weekend, Lucas said to me, "I love Ahbi (the birthday girl)."

Me: That's great, she's such a nice girl.
Lucas: Yeah, and she says she loves me too. We're going to get married!

Tonight he gave me a verbal invitation to the wedding.

Lucas: Mommy, you can come to my wedding, when Ahbi and I get married.
Me: Where will the wedding be?
Lucas: Where did you get married?
Me: Outside, kind of like at a park.
Lucas: Oh, I guess we'll get married at the soccer field. And the wedding will be April 9th, 2009.
Me: Great, I'll make sure to write it on the calendar. What will you wear?
Lucas: What did you wear to your wedding?
Me: A long white dress.
Lucas: What did daddy wear?
Me: A tuxedo - black pants, black jacket and a white shirt.
Lucas: I'll just wear the black pants and white shirt. I don't think I'll need a jacket.
Me: What will Ahbi wear?
Lucas: Just her clothes.

No comments: