Monday, October 16, 2006

3 going on 7

I bought a pair of Curious George rainboots last week for Lucas. After I purchased them, I had second thoughts. I was a little hesitant to give them to him. I couldn't believe it, but I was actually nervous that he would think Curious George was too babyish.

So I decided to broach the subject with him, instead of showing him the boots and getting laughed at to my face.

Me: It's going to start raining soon.
Lucas: I know, look at those clouds mommy.
Me: You'll need rainboots soon. Would you like Curious George rainboots?

Lucas: Mommy, did you see the boots that Gianluca has, in my class? They have fire on them.
Me: Yes, I've seen those. They're pretty neat.
Lucas: Yeah, they're red with fire on them. Me: So, you want those?
Lucas: Yeah, those are the ones I want.

I didn't even bring up umbrellas, since I also got him the matching CG one too. I guess I'm making a return soon.

1 comment:

RookieMom Whitney said...

Those fire engine boots are hot! We want some.