Friday, October 13, 2006

The t-shirt says it all

"Mommy drinks because I cry"

Those of you who know me know that I don't drink alcohol much. Maybe a mixed drink once every three months. I may need to step it up a little.

Lucas is losing his naps altogether now, even at school. He's never really been a morning person like me. More like a surly teenager: "Mom, let me sleep. Leave me alone. Don't wake me up!" Now it's 10x worse. On the weekends, we let him sleep as long as he likes, which is between 9-10:30!! So waking him up at 7 on school days is like trying to pry a tick off.

I think I could take the yelling that will come when he's a teenager. Now, as a 3-year-old, it comes out in a whimpering and whiny voice, that gives me the same feeling like nails down a chalkboard.

I wish morning cocktails were okay. I think I would need a pretty stiff drink to take the edge off. The best case situation for weekdays is when I go for workout in the morning and come home and Kevin already has him up, dressed and eating breakfast.

Since drinking while taking care of your child REALLY isn't a good idea, I guess I'll go workout now.

No comments: