Thursday, January 19, 2006

It was "one of those days"

After a friend read the blog, she said, "Wow, you guys have so much fun." True, we do have fun. However it's not all songs, games, and dance-a-thons.

Take today, for instance. I came home around 7:30am from working out. I knew it was going to be "one of those days" when all this went down within the first five minutes.
1) Lucas was a little under the weather, so I kept him home from school.
2) I brought home a little Odwalla juice for him, as I usually do when I work out in the morning. And I always drink about 1/3 of it before I get home and he never notices. Today, he noticed and was not pleased.
3) Lucas had a mini melt-down because I didn't bring home a straw for his juice.

We somehow got through the morning and ventured out to Rockridge for some errands. We went to www.bakesalebetty.com for lunch and had a stand-off over him finishing his chicken pot pie before getting a ginger cookie ("Who won?" you ask? With a toddler no one wins, but no, he didn't get the cookie). Then he didn't nap, though he was clearly tired.

Around 4:30pm, I IM'd Kevin: When will you be home? You need to come home asap! Hurry! Lucas is driving me batty!

I went to the www.cantfailcafe.com to lick my wounds and assuage my bruised emotional self with a buffalo chicken salad.

No comments: