Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New Year's Resolutions, beginning January 10

Are people so cynical these days that they won't even make New Year's resolutions? It seems that most people I know don't want to make resolutions since "they don't mean anything" or won't announce them for fear of publicly failing. Resolutions mean something if you're serious about them, like I am, except possibly for #5.

Well, here they are. Feel free to let me know if you catch me cheating on one.

1. Exercise at least three times a week; OR, walk at least 10,000 steps 4x a week.
2. Be more patient.
3. Pick up my tennis racket again. I'll take Lucas out to the tennis courts so I can work on my serve and he can fetch balls for me. Maybe a weekly tennis lesson when the weather gets better.
4. Run a race, a 10K with a stretch goal of the Big Sur Half Marathon.
5. And of course, my recurring resolution... Eat less chocolate. I will only eat chocolate when I go out for a nice dinner. Also, chocolate as a condiment is fine, like oatmeal chocolate chip cookies or mint chip ice cream. Or on special occasions, like my birthday, anniversary, Columbus Day, and every other sunny day. I shouldn't be so strict with myself or I'll probably just eat more of it.

No comments: