Saturday, January 21, 2006

More indoor activities

Looks like we'll have a run of sunny days this coming week, thank God. But here are some games we have been playing to keep active and happy inside:

1) What the $*#&^ did I draw? - One of us draws a picture and the other one guesses what it is. When it's my turn to guess what he drew, sometimes he'll say, "Wow! You guessed right mommy!" And he sounds very amazed that I actually figured it out. (See pictures)

2) Scavenger hunt - I make a list of things around the house (mirror, refrigerator, etc.) and ask him to find these things, then he crosses them off the paper. I try to challenge him a little by saying, "where do you see your reflection?", "what keeps the food cold?". You get the picture. He loves to cross things out. We did this one day for about 1/2 hour.

3) Balancing act - We make a game out of carrying things from one room to another by piling them on his tennis racket. This also puts a new spin on the somewhat tedious job of putting his toys away. Maybe all this practice balancing will land him a job waiting tables at Chez Panisse, if my mom's dreams of him being a doctor don't pan out.

2 comments:

RookieMom Whitney said...

You are a frickin' genius. I can't wait to play games like that.

Anonymous said...

Elliott and I like to play that game too.