Saturday, May 13, 2006

I did it!

This morning, I woke up and told Kevin I wasn't going to do the Bolinas Ridge Wild Boar 10K that I had signed up for way back at the end of last year. I was supposed to run it with Kimberley, but she forgot it was the same day as her friend's wedding. I started going for a walk instead. I walked about a block then changed my mind.

Why did I decide to do it after all? Well, it was one of my New Year's resolutions, I already paid for it, and I figured, why not?

I'm glad I did it. It was a gorgeous course, overlooking Stinson Beach and through Mt. Tam. I walked most of it, but ran a little too. Had I been running, the terrain would have been pretty challenging in most parts. I guess I not only should have trained to run, but probably done some trail running since I realized it's a different beast altogether.

I saw one guy running pretty fast, trip, do a somersault, and then get back up and running, without even missing a beat. It was amazing.

Personally, I would have taken that opportunity to get the sympathy vote, have a support van/person come and rescue me, and drive me over the finish line like some kind of martyr. But I guess if you're really into trail running, it's part of the adventure.

No comments: