Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I want a "do-over"

A do-over is not as much fun as a make-over. Remember when you were little and you could claim a "do-over" for games where you wanted to wipe the slate clean and start again, like if you did a crappy serve in tennis, or something.

Well, I'd like a do-over for today please.

1) I woke up late, at 7:30 and I had to be at a marketing offsite by 8:45 (geography was on my side at least as the meeting was only in Emeryville)
2) Lucas is still sick. The antibiotics haven't kicked in as soon as I hoped.
3) My mom came out from Moraga to watch Lucas. She said Maggie was not in the yard when she went out to feed her this morning. Ten minutes after my mom arrived, we got a call that Maggie was out and about in Moraga. Evidently she was looking for scones at the local cafe. My mom went back to Moraga to fetch her. So now she's an indoor dog, who will need to be walked frequently. And for those of you who have been following this blog for a while, she didn't do so well containing her bodily fluids when we tried her as an indoor dog in the apartment.
4) With all the chaos this morning, I didn't have time to take a shower or stop off for my morning hot chocolate before my meeting.
5) Kevin's debit card has been missing after I borrowed it the other day. I was sure it was somewhere inside our messy house. But during the offiste, I was checking our online banking and saw a bunch of charges at places we don't shop (Food Maxx, Albertsons, etc.), almost $700. So I called to cancel the missing card.

I think all that, plus a sick kid at home, gives me license for a do-over.

No comments: