Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Change of job, change of pace

I recently left my full-time job at Kodak Gallery and got a part-time marketing gig with See Jane Run, for many reasons that are too tedious and boring to even write about here. But to sum it up, I wanted a faster pace at work and a slower pace at home.

So far, everything is going exactly as I hoped it would, especially on the home front. Working full-time, I was in a huge hurry beginning at 5pm to get Lucas from school, then home around 6pm, getting dinner and his bath before 730 (his bed time), it was a crazy and challenging schedule for everyone. And we all know how much a 3 1/2 year old likes to be rushed! Suffice it to say, I wasn't getting much quality time with Lucas during the week.

Now, in just the first week or so of working part-time, I can already see a huge change. I pick up Lucas between 3-4, we have some good quality time before the whole dinner, bath, bedtime routine. It's been awesome. Now if only I could shake this cold!!

No comments: