Thursday, June 14, 2007

Late night excuses

We've been having some late nights at the McKay house recently. We still put Lucas to bed at the normal time, 7:30 or 8, but he's been staying up into the late evening hours, like 10 or 10:30!!

Of course, he is armed with plenty of excuses:

- When I close my eyes, they just pop back open.
- I have to go pee (again and again and again).
- I'm not sleepy.
- I'm in the middle of telling myself a story and it's not over yet.
- I'm playing with my cars and Fillmore is going around the mountain now...
- Five more minutes, okay mommy?

And the other night when I told him to go to sleep because he still had to get up early and go to school the next day, he muttered something in return. I asked him to repeat himself and he said, "I said 'I'll take my chances.'" Where the heck does he get stuff like that from?

It's 10:23, and I think he finally fell asleep. Good night!

No comments: