Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Shitty excuse

I was taking a leisurely walk the other morning when I approached a woman and her dog on a leash. The woman was picking up after the little Bichon Frise, which translated from French means, "curly lap dog".As I walked by the little dog, she lunged at me and started barking, as ferociously as a little curly-headed hamster can. Being the jittery person I am, I jumped back. Lucky for me, because I think that dog would have taken a small chunk out of my leg.

The woman muttered something, which I thought was an apology, but I was wrong.

Me: I'm sorry, what did you just say? [and I said this very nicely since I thought for sure she had just apologized]
Curly lap dog owner: I said she only barked at you because she just pooped.
Me: Interesting. I thought for sure you were going to apologize.
Curly lap dog owner: [random muttering as she walked away]

My friend Lindsey also had a negative experience this month with a Bichon Frise and its owner. Is it something about the breed? Or the type of person who would own one of these dogs? Not sure, but in both cases, I feel that these dogs and their owners need to be better socialized.

No comments: