Monday, July 17, 2006

Lucas' birthday, again (or "Kevin finds a 2nd career")

For Lucas' birthday party, we opted for a small group of kids (10) at Terrace Park. I consulted with Lucas on the menu: pizza and cupcakes. And we arranged for Desert Dave (www.desertdave.com) to entertain the kids.

A bit of background: When I spoke with Desert Dave, he asked if we wanted to upgrade to the jumbo package - a big snake, big iguana, and big tortoise. I politely declined, since I figured the little snakes and lizards would be enough for the preschool crowd. I emailed Kevin the web site and Kevin said, "Why aren't we getting the jumbo package?" We discussed and Kevin called Desert Dave (nee Scott) to get the specifics on his reptile posse. He decided it was worth the money to get "supersized".

Desert Dave and his reptilian friends were a huge hit. See for yourself.

- Miles was the most enthusiastic kid in the group. That's him with the two snakes around his neck.

- Kevin truly found his second calling. He's trying out his newly-found career by educating the kids on the 12-foot long albino Burmese python. There's also a pic of the python giving Kevin a wedgie.

- As you many know, I've never so much as touched a lizard. Kevin put the python around my neck, then he wouldn't take it off.

All in all, everyone had a great time.

No comments: