Wednesday, August 23, 2006

More adventures in eating

Lucas' appetite for trying new things has really increased, just in the last couple of days.

1. Melchi - Not sure of the spelling, but these little dried fish are a Korean garnishing, I think (I've never been a big fan). I think some people put it on rice and in soups. Lucas, on the other hand, went all out and ate them straight from the container with a spoon.2. Lemon juice - I'm not talking about lemonade, or even lemon water. But the other day Lucas picked some lemons from our tree. I showed him how to juice the lemons, and he drank them straight from "the source". He said it was "lemon water lemonade", no sugar or water added!!


3. Spinach and lox omelette - I love my eggs this way and have been eating spinach and lox omelette almost every morning for the past couple weeks. Lucas has asked for a bite now and again, but politely declines one of his own in favor of oatmeal. But this morning, he ate about 1/2 of mine then asked for his own. He ate the whole thing!

No comments: