Here are some funny things Lucas has been saying lately.
- What the heck? (When something comes as a surprise to him)
- Goddammit! (Okay, this is bad on our part, and we need to watch our language around him, but it gets slightly redeemed in the next one)
- Let's say a prayer. (Lucas will say this before we eat sometimes. He'll hold our hands and scrunch his eyes shut while he says, "Thank you for mommy, daddy, Lucas, Maggie...")
- The carrot opener (A riff for a character in a story I told him, originally named the carrot ogre)
- The compartment ("Mommy, remember when we used to live in that little compartment by the tennis courts")